2.05.2008

Super Tuesday... eat your Wheaties my fellow Politicos!

Politicos across the country will be humming the kind Christmas tune in their head, "it's the most wonderful time of the year" all day long as today Super Tuesday takes off. Black Friday (the day following Thanksgiving) is to retail business, what Super Tuesday is to as Joe Monahan puts it, "La Politica". At the end of the day we may have both party nominations lined up and we may not! As I had previously written in yesterdays post, I am predicting a Clinton win in New Mexico but Obama's rise is popping charts! In Gallup’s most recent poll Obama is in arms length from Clinton’s 48% and his 46%. I do not like the man, I would never vote for him, or shake his hand but I do respect his hard fought campaign. I think the Super Tuesday contest for Democrats will end in a split with either Clinton or Obama ahead by a slim margin. I will surely enjoy seeing them fight it out to the end. Please no more civil debates, it gives these liberal, beret wearing Loyolans a reason to be proud.

The Republican field is getting rather hot for a party including an elderly statesmen, Baptist minister, and a Mormon who can't drink. They had to kick the guy from Texas out, he was getting belligerent. Ha-ha. Romney supposedly has a lead in the polls in California now according Reuters but McCain still has a commanding lead across the nation. The February 2nd poll from Gallup has McCain at 43%, Romney at 24%, and Huckabee has 18%. I think it is clear that Huck Finn is keeping Romney at bay for McCain, at least with conservative voters. I see McCain winning this super day but Romney will pull an upset at least in one state. The right wing of the Republican Party will not go down with out a fight and McCain welcomes it. The days are numbered for the neo-conservatives who were elected to office to get the job done. Well they have some accomplishment, but they let spending get out of control and they are snooping into Americans private lives where they don't belong.

I will spend the day going to class, watching and reading the latest news in between to see who's hurting who. I plan on having other politicos over for some beverages and watch the numbers come in. I wish you all a safe and happy Super Tuesday. Vote McCain!

No comments:

New Mexico Politicos