2.14.2008

Clintexico

It has been one busy week for a political science and economics student such as me. There are so many current events, issues, policy, and plain old dirt to be talking about. I was watching Fox this afternoon and saw that Clinton won New Mexico finally. I knew she would and I knew her margin of victory would be small. New Mexico congratulations you finally came through and embarrassed the state again by the lack of organization and efficiency we are all too famous for. Heck Florida ran a really smooth primary and their votes don't even count! I hear and read everyone blaming everyone but ultimately it is Gov. Richardson's fault. He wanted to move up the primary caucus to favor him and he can't even properly have it run! Governor I doubt you will, or ever have read my blog but I want to say that you sir are a lame duck and the legislature with the help of the native New Mexican Lt. Governor you have your days numbered. Ok back on topic. Clinton winning New Mexico and California, it is probable to say that she will win Texas. Her campaign may be weak, but she is still fighting. I would caution Obama's campaign to not get too confident just yet. It is clear, the Democrats brought race into this RACE and race will be a huge issue in Texas. Latinos, Hispanics, and Chicanos whatever the media is calling us these days are a swing vote and can move left or right. I think they will swing to Clintons favor and give her some momentum and take this fight to the convention. There the magic ozone tooth fairy Al Gore will be the rock star in the house and coronate the nominee. I still think John McCain will beat either Democrat but if Obama does get the nomination he will be challenge to our good Senator. I do love me some politics. Just about the only love I have on this St. Valentines Day... sad yes I know, but I have a good book by Machiavelli to read tonight so all is good. Hast luego!

No comments:

New Mexico Politicos