4.13.2008

We Shall Perservere


I have come upon an arduous path in my life. I am having trouble staying healthy, focusing, applying myself, and succeeding. My health is at an all time low, my grades are not what they should be, and the pressure of stress is taking its toll on me. I was at our student mass tonight and the Second Reading of the First Letter of Saint Peter (1Pt 2:20b-25) struck me with clarification.

"Beloved: If you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his footsteps.

He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth

When he was insulted, he returned no insult: when he suffered, he did not threaten; instead, he handed himself over to the one who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body upon the cross, so that, free from sin, we might live for righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you had gone astray like sheep, but you have now returned to the shepherd and guardian of your souls."

I do believe God works in mysterious ways; for I have returned to my shepherd and guardian. He gives me life everyday to do his will, live in his mercy, and praise him for his gifts he has given to me. I am a student right now, I must labor extra hours to finish this semester honorably and with God this is not impossible.

Many of you are wondering, "I thought this was a political blog?". You are right this is a political blog. We must discuss issues that are political in nature. Well my friends as a Catholic and a Christian I am compelled to stand for certain principles I believe in; principles of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. We may disagree in what context these principles encompass but we all agree these are original and worthy pursuits of truth we must take.

Some people in this country are in pain, confusion, and solitude but they must know that the American soul of perseverance is at work. I do believe God blessed America and in this election year, we as nation of principles are faced with pressing decisions; how do we preserve that "shining city upon a hill"? America is great, America is strong, and I will let no candidate question that.

Religion in America is not a bad thing. In fact, it is religion in America that provided certain hopes and principles that our founders drew upon for inspiration in the formulation of our divinely inspired Constitution. We must remind politicians that God blessed this country and they are entrusted with our confidence and support to protect, preserve, and abide by the principles given to us by God and the Constitution.

I am inspired to do more good in this second and much need breath of conviction. I will work to help elect the right men and women to higher office. Once my studies are over I give my full self to this blog, my campaigns, and God to help protect and preserve that America in which we all know and love. I warn you my young peers, do not be enchanted by the empty rhetoric of liberal and secular ideology. They make government the healer of all woes that infect humanity, for only God, through men of faith and acts, can a better world come.

Believe in smaller government, fiscal responsibility, strong national security, the sovereignty of our nation, and most importantly God. This will be an epic election year, there will be good and bad, but in the end truth will prevail. I look forward to this year and ask God to continue blessing America and give his mercy and strength to our military, candidates, and families.

Best,

AHD

1 comment:

Mesquite Community Action said...

Amen. Your writing gave me a much needed boost today. I look forward to one day meeting you.
Arturo Uribe

New Mexico Politicos