4.11.2008

I Hear The Train A-Comin'


My apartment is right next to the Chicago red line train. Try to picture the scene from Blues Brothers and their apartment next to the elevated train in Chicago, ya it's similar to that. I have just about had it with this urban environment. Thank God I have New Mexico to go home to.

I have spent most of this week sick in bed with an ear infection, head cold, sore throat, and fever. It has been hell for my health and academics. I better get well this weekend in order to finish school strong. I have taken a break from most of my business, this site, and the new one because it is crunch time for me here at Loyola.

It has been one of the most difficult semesters I have had in a while. While intellectually stimulating I hate writing about Rousseau, Kant, and Nietzsche. Now Plato, Aristotle, Aquinas, Hobbes, Smith and Machiavelli have been an enjoyment. I have come to realize that I am much more of a realist than I thought. Although I am far from being the best student I find the pursuit of theories, definitions, and truth more enjoyable than many of my peers.

Any way I'll be back in full force in May once the semester is over. The new New Mexico Politico will be up in May as well. There may be a slight shake up in format and management but we will see how our trial period goes.

Have a good weekend politicos!

AHD

No comments:

New Mexico Politicos