3.05.2008

Dunn Denies Allegations

Most of you know that I am a straight shooter and I will not tolerate inaccurate information. When something smells fishy I will find the truth. I have been hearing fellow politicos chat about Aubrey Dunn allegedly buying votes in the Otero county pre-primary ward conventions. I mentioned it in yesterdays post but decided to call Mr. Dunn to get a definitive answer. Mr. Dunn was courteous enough to answer my phone call and answer to the rumors flying around about him throughout the district. He flatly denied the allegations of vote buying in Otero and explained that family, friends, and acquaintances attended the convention to support him because they believe in his candidacy and cause. He did not pay anyone either family, friend, or employee(he only has one) and won Otero county in a fair manner. I am calling local politicos to please quit the chatter and focus on the real issues. I am not supporting Mr. Dunn at the moment but as a Republican I think it is in our best interest to deal with the issues and facts and let the Democrats "platicar" and gossip. As a party we hurt ourselves when we allow rumors to develop instead of finding the truth in the issue. Mr. Dunn thank you for your honesty and good luck in the remaining months of primary campaigning. Now Heather Wilson and Darren White have some explaining to do. Governor Cargo and Rep. Janice Arnold-Jones have some input in the Bernallilo matter as well. My fellow Republicans lets find the facts, resolve the issue, and get back to the real issues that matter here in New Mexico. "A house divided against itself cannot stand" - President Abraham Lincoln, 1858

No comments:

New Mexico Politicos