11.27.2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Hola Politicos! I am back from my much needed ski trip. There was a nice preseason snow base in Breckenridge and I look forward to this years season. The trip provided me some time to balance my thoughts while in the middle of God's winter wonderland.

Today I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family at my grandparents house. It has been a tough year for us but it is encouraging and inspiring to see my brothers, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents healthy and moving forward in life.

Thanksgiving is a profound day in my families calendar because we come together and share what we are thankful for. I find it moving and inspiring to hear my families personal testimonies at the dinner table every year. This year the first thing my grandpa stated was that he was thankful for being an American. He noted that things are going well for our country right now but we are better off than most in other parts of the world.

Grandpa is dead on. America is blessed by God to have the quality people, minds, resources, and leadership that make this country great. The shadows of economic gloom, political uncertainty, and social division have been cast over our resilient nation but we should not fear. We are a strong, tenacious nation ready to face the challenges of our day. The shadows of our modern era are temporary, the light will soon shine upon us again.

Happy Thanksgiving!

AHD

No comments:

New Mexico Politicos