5.30.2007

Home Sweet Home

Hola Gente!

Yes I am finally back home in beautiful Las Cruces, New Mexico! I have not had a break to actually sit down and write until now.

My trek from Indiana lead me through the heart of the United States; Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas... It was a total of 1800 some miles in my 1993 Cadillac Eldorado with a burnt out a/c and and bad tires! I left Notre Dame on Thursday evening May 10Th and pulled up to my drive way around 3:30 AM Saturday Morning. It was a good experience but I will never do it again!

I have four jobs right now. I am working on a ranch near Red Rock, NM. I love this job because this is what I want to do for the rest of my life; the only problem is that I do not have enough money to purchase one right now. That is why I am going to college right, and later Law School.

I also work weekends opening and closing catered parties and weddings. Easy job and its a fun time.

I went from being a waiter in Indiana to being a kitchen helper at Guacamoles on Picacho. I am not crazy about this job but it keeps me humble and it pays my gas.

My final job is in the political realm, but I am keeping it disclosed for the time being. Those of you who know me personally may already know but to keep my political affiliation private I think this is best. I am helping the constituents of Southern New Mexico and I am loving it!

I will be posting a commentary on a young New Mexican's perspective of illegal immigration this weekend so check back soon.

I am home and I love the chile.

PAX

AHD

1 comment:

on-the-rocks said...

And I thought I was the only one driving around with no a/c.

Here's wishing you the best of luck.

Yeah, I could stand to have a real chile relleno again, they just don't have the right kind of chiles here in Georgia.

New Mexico Politicos